Monday, August 23, 2010

Plunged

Late at night, the offer officially in, feeling exhausted.  Lots of contingencies, lots of potential outs, but it's another big step forward, a $15K check if nothing else.  The thing to remember is no one else sees the house with my eyes, for better or worse -- I would argue I see all the possibilities and am not worried about the difficulties, the unfinished edges that may last a long long time, while my friends, my protectors, tell me the difficulties will overwhelm me and my pocketbook.  Who is right?  The problem is  I can't know until long after I take the plunge.  But, in any case, won't I -- we -- have had a great place to live?

The sellers' response is due by 6 pm tomorrow when I'll be on a plane to Detroit.  Heading for the most depressed city in the country might be good -- any celebration will be appropriately muted.

No comments:

Post a Comment