Sunday, September 12, 2010

Rebounds and Reasons

I meet Nikki tomorrow morning at 10 to look at two more houses, my half-hearted attempt to get back on the real estate horse.  Half-hearted because I don't feel very motivated about either place - one is the other place with the (lesser) view, and also an ugly house, 

1.jpg


the second a beautiful row house (based on the pictures) but expensive with minimal outdoor space.  


970615.jpg




3.jpg

It just feels a little too soon, and I certainly don't want to choose a house on the rebound -- a lot harder to get out of the $400K mortgage for a house that seemed to fill you up after the last one let you down so hard as compared to extracting yourself from a similar love affair. 

Since I have had my share of spiritual influences over the past thirty years, I can't help wondering what was the point of the house with a view.  Why did I get so drawn in, so wildly excited, so certain of my future, and then to have it all end -- what was so symmetrically aligned -- so fast and firmly?  My less cynical side keeps whispering in my ear, There MUST have been a reason.  My only thought today is that it spawned this blog, which has gotten me energized about writing again.  I find it fun and my few readers tell me its fun for them too.  Maybe my real estate fling was meant to bash open a completely unrelated and pretty tightly shut door in my life and give me the chance to walk through and begin again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment