Thursday, September 2, 2010

Reactions

Just found out the deal is off.  Nikki went back to them with a $420K hard price and they declined immediately, which I kept thinking might possibly not happen -- possibly they would consider just getting rid of it -- but in retrospect, in the harsh light of post-deal reality, is a no-brainer.   Dropping ANOTHER $100K+ after they had already come down so far from their asking price -- it just wasn't going to happen.

Francine, the seller's agent, was distressed with my decision - felt like I had had all the information and had had plenty of time to figure out all the numbers a long time ago.  Nikki was probably happy since I know she never wanted me to buy the place.  I have no idea the sellers' reaction -- well, I suppose I do but I prefer not to think about it -- annoyed, angry, discouraged, betrayed by the woman who had convinced them she loved their house and then abandoned it.  Mostly they're probably wishing they didn't have to start again.

As for me, I feel a bit relieved, a bit foolish, and crushingly disappointed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment