Friday, October 1, 2010

Appraisal for Sale?

Lots of drama this week, not the least the news that someone else appears to be ready to make an offer on "my house," the house with a view, the writer notes sadly.  I found out because the seller's real estate agent called Nikki, my agent, and asked if the new potential buyers could purchase my appraisal for $150.  This would be the appraisal that I paid $600 for and, more notably, was the cause of my break-up with the house.  Not something I'm likely to hand over for a pittance.

Apparently these buyers can pay cash and want to make sure they're getting a reasonable deal on the house -- therefore, the need for an appraisal.  And appraisers are so busy right now that it will be another three weeks before they can get one done.  

Of course, this brought up all my longing for the house again.  Should I make another offer?  Could I afford to pay more than I had offered before?  And then, when I've come back down to earth why would I imagine it would make any difference in any case because they have a cash buyer and they just want to be done with the whole thing?  

I guess that last question has made me come out on the end of not worrying about it.  Not selling the appraisal -- really, it's just too hard to actively help another buyer buy the house I want, as selfish as that seems -- but also not making another offer.  It is what it is.  If this time it works for the elderly artists, good for them.  And if it doesn't, I know I'll think about it again.

In the meantime, things have gotten worse at work, no other houses have come on the market, I'm behind at both of my jobs -- and today is Kanha's birthday so I have to be both running around and making a party happen AND totally relaxed and happy.  I'm faking it the best I can.  

House hunting again on Monday.  Hurray....

No comments:

Post a Comment